I got this recipe from Ann Maurtzsen
in Dubuque Iowa. She found it at
The best part of this is you can make it the night before! AND I'm sure it has absolutely NO CALORIES!!!
1 loaf French Bread, unsliced
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
1-2 cups blueberries
1-1/2 cups milk or light cream of half-and-half
6 T. butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 T. vanilla
1. Cut French bread into cubes (about 12 cups)
2. Grease a 9x13-ince baking dish. Place 1/2 of the cubes in the dish. Top with cream cheese cubes and blueberries, and then top with remaining cubes of bread.
3. In a large mixing bowl with a wire whisk, mix together eggs, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla until well combined.
4. Pour over bread evenly over top. Using a spatula, lightly press down to moisten.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 325˚F and remove the plastic wrap from baking dish.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set and edges are slightly golden. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup.